Here are 13 things happening this week in Las Vegas between Aug. 31 through Sept. 6:
1. The Las Vegas 51s baseball team is playing its last homestand at Cashman Field this weekend. Fireworks show Friday night, free Vegas Golden Knights jersey giveaway Saturday night, and final game at 12:05 p.m. Labor Day.
2. The Blue Oyster Cult performs Aug. 31-Sept. 2 at Green Valley Ranch. The rock band from Long Island is known for hits including “Don’t Fear The Reaper,” “Burnin’ For You” and “Shooting Shark.”
3. The legendary group Air Supply performs Aug. 31 at The Orleans. Hits include “Making Love Out of Nothing At All,” “All Out of Love” and “Dance With Me.”
4. Comedian George Lopez performs Aug. 31 and Sept. 1 at The Mirage. The Mexican-American comedian and actor is known for his self-produced sitcom “George Lopez.”
5. Melissa Etheridge performs in a free concert on Aug. 31 at the Fremont Street Experience. Her performance is part of the Downtown Rocks Summer Concert Series. Free admission.
6. Palace Station is celebrating their new look and Labor Day weekend. Rock Fest on Sept. 1 will feature live music by Fleetwood Mac and Def Leppard tribute bands and a fireworks show at 9:30 p.m.
7. It’s been 33 years since the discovery of Titanic on the ocean floor. The Titanic Exhibit at the Luxor will be recognizing the date. The exhibit has several hundred artifacts recovered from the sunken ship.
8. Muffins with the Marshals is happening on Sept. 1 at Floyd Lamb Park at Tule Springs. Meet our deputy city marshals and Ward 6 Councilwoman Michele Fiore.
9. The Collective Zoo Block Party is happening Sept. 1 at the Downtown Las Vegas Events Center. 20 local and regional breweries, games, water fun, art, live music and more.
10. Morris Day & The Time perform Sept. 1 at M Resort. Morris was a longtime collaborator with prince and is known for his colorful showmanship.
11. It’s Beyonce vs. Missy Elliott Night on Sept. 1 at Brooklyn Bowl. Dance to music by two of our generation’s biggest artists.
12. Alice In Chains performs Aug. 1 at the Pearl Concert Theater inside The Palms. The rock band from Seattle formed in 1987 and is known for its combination of grunge, heavy metal and distinctive vocals.
13. Enjoy all-you-can eat tacos and drink margaritas at Sonrisa Grill inside The Village at Lake Las Vegas on Sept. 2 for just $59. Labor Day fireworks will begin at 9 p.m.
Read Full Article Here: https://www.ktnv.com/news/13-things-to-do-this-week-in-las-vegas-for-aug-31-sept-6